APPLY FOR YOUR PENNSYLVANIA STATE CLEARANCES
All prospective Jubilee volunteers must have current (issued no more than 12 months ago) state clearances. There are no exceptions. Two standard clearances are required of most volunteers: the Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry Check and the Pennsylvania State Police Records Check. Both clearances are FREE for volunteer positions and may be applied for online (see below).
1. Instructions for Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry Check
- Click the orange button to the left to go to the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Portal.
- From the landing page, click CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT, then select NEXT. This will take you to the account creation page. You will be asked to create a “Keystone ID,” which will be your user ID for this state website.
- Log back in to the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Portal and click ACCESS MY CLEARANCES.
- First-time users will need to create a permanent password.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click NEXT.
- Read the disclosures and click CONTINUE.
- Click CREATE CLEARANCE APPLICATION, read the instructions in the next screen, and then click BEGIN.
- In the next screen (“Application Purpose”), select VOLUNTEER HAVING CONTACT WITH CHILDREN, which is the first choice. Scroll down under “Volunteer Category” and select OTHER, and then type CHILDREN’S JUBILEE FUND in the “Agency Name” field. Click NEXT.
- Continue through the various pages of the application and submit.
- Many times, the report will be processed immediately. You’ll be given the opportunity to print out the certificate, or it will be mailed to you. Either save the certificate on your computer as a pdf and then upload it to Jubilee’s online application form, OR email it to email@example.com.
2. Instructions for Pennsylvania State Police Records Check
NOTE: THIS STATE WEBSITE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE SAFARI BROWSER. PLEASE USE ANOTHER BROWSER TO ACCESS THIS SITE.
- Click the red button to the left to go to the Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History homepage.
- From the homepage, click the NEW RECORD CHECK button.
- In the “Personal Information” page, enter CHILDREN’S JUBILEE FUND as the Volunteer Organization Name and 215-233-9866 as the Volunteer Organization Telephone Number. Then, proceed to enter all of your personal contact information.
- Submit the form when complete.
- When you receive the results of the records check, either save it as a pdf on your computer and upload it to Jubilee’s online application form, OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.